Monday 14 February 2011

Cairngorm Ski Action



Views from the summit of Cairngorm
The snow on Saturday on Cairngorm was probably better than anywhere in the Alps on Saturday! Given the high avalanche risk I decided to go for a bit of a ski - probably a good decision as a fair few people were avalanched in the Northern Corries in the morning, thankfully no one was seriously hurt. After spending the morning on the pistes I put my skins on and hiked up to Cairngorm summit and enjoyed good views across the mountains. After a quick picnic in the sun I pointed my skis down hill and 3 minutes later I was in the car park.

I've been out for a quick ski this morning but flat light combined with variable snow meant I took a bit of a tumble! Resting up now in preparation for a tour across the plateau to Ben MacDui tomorrow.

No comments: