Saturday 29 May 2010

After work Pass action

On Tuesday evening I headed up to Dinas Bach in the Llanberis crag with friends choo and Jim. I had never visited this crag before and it is one of the quieter crags in the area - it is however fantastic. It has good set of routes at all grades, including a short E5 called Felony, which was our objective for the evening. I won the game of rock, paper, scissors so I quested up first for the onsight attempt, put the gear in and fell off the crux. After Choo had made a successfully ascent and Jim had fallen off I got back on it and climbed the route second go.


Attempting Prison Break

Our eyes were however drawn to a line to the left which according to the guidebook was waiting a first ascent. We had a few plays on it and with darkness approaching and Choo taking a couple of 25 foot falls we decided to return for a re-match on Thursday. Unfortunately I only managed one attempt, which resulted in airborne retreat before rain stopped play. Jim and Choo then managed to get it done last night whilst I was camping in the Moelwyns and named it Prison Break E6 6b - a fine addition to hard climbing in the Llanberis pass. Effort lads!!!